So this week had us racing in the comfort of home to the discomfort of Herford. We made over $150 working the bake sale at Ragnar. We got to see a man at Ragnar dressed as a large pink bear and the boys were told to "take a hike". This week, everyone is excited as we prepare to race at the pancake course at Boonsboro! Yoga again this week.....
Looking over the week....
Top 11 Moments of big spring
IN NO SPECIFIC ORDER....
11. Courtney displaying mental toughness, when her body isn't happy with her.
10. Standing near the start of the girls race, taking in the cheers, colors, and excitement that happen at the start of all races.
9. The "boy scouts" taking down the tent.
8. Morgan's 1:58 improvement over last year, especially considering she sounded rough during the warm up. I credit the mint gum.
7. Joelle taking that "quick 5" steps in the last 1/4 mile and going like crazy to the finish.
6. Chrisitan's 20:52 finish. (and 1:11 better over last year)
5. Timmy's 2:35 improvement over 2011.
4 Carly's 1:22 faster time over last year.
3. Fuzzy Feet
2. Wes army crawling to retrieve the lost girls youth league soccer ball.
1. The time the team hung out, eating, sharing snacks, and chatting after the meet before we went to the bus.
11 Days since our first meet
WOW! We have hit a lot of crazy hilly courses in the last 5 days! When Boonsboro's super flat course comes at the end of the month, your muscles will be singing with joy! (And your times will reflect the effort you have put in on those hills!)
For many of you, just competing and completing today was a struggle. These are the times that make you stronger, and the mental toughness built today will always be with you.
On the girls side... three meets...three number one girls. Today was Morgan....using those arms like crazy up the hills. Awesome!
Today, Wes showed his strength on the hills, and took our team top spot.
We head to Big Spring this weekend....I can't wait!!!
What a day!
Goals were set high. And you went for it. Some are you are already to jump into next week and forget yesterday. Others are flying high off the excitement.
On the girls side...you worked with and for each other. The top three, Joelle, Morgan, and Carly, went out through the first mile very close, and came across the finish very close. I think they've found their training partners! Joelle and Hailey finished their first meet, and will never again be rookies!
On the boys side, Timmy met his goal, and finished as our top guy! Greg and Wes finished their first XC meet, and now are ready to tackle the next meet on our schedule.
Disappointment can fuel tomorrow's achievements. Success breeds success. So whichever is fueling your or firing you up, we get the chance to use it next Saturday!